MHCRS offers groups and workshops on a variety of topics. (Click here for more information on group therapy) You can find our current group offering(s) below. If you are interested in a group that is not currently running, please contact us as we keep a waiting list.
- In the Wildflowers Therapy Group- 10 Week series for those who need healing from childhood trauma or abuse.
- Boundaries- Based on the book by Dr’s Henry Cloud and John Townsend and presents a biblical treatment of boundaries, identifies how boundaries are developed, and how they become injured. It also shows Christian misconceptions of the function and purpose of boundaries, and provides a program for developing and maintaining healthy limits
- Hiding from Love-How to change the withdrawal patterns that isolate and imprison you. Discusses helpful and harmful types of hiding and hope for those in hiding.
Creation and Hope- Therapeutic Workshops for Women
I am so excited to introduce Creation and Hope Women’s Workshops. Creation and Hope aims to provide education, support and community to women in the Triad. The group will include exploration and opportunities for growth in areas women commonly face.
Monthly workshops include a variety of topics related to common emotional health concerns such as depression and anxiety. In addition there will be opportunity to explore areas not limited to:
Other relevant topics
Workshop cost vary based upon topic and activities, facilitated by Licensed Professional Counselor, Enjonae Anderson. Enjonae is the owner of Mended Hearts Counseling and is dedicated to advocating for women’s emotional health.
Sessions are open but registration is required. Lunch will be provided.
Hope-Filled Hearts- A support group that aims to offer hope and support to women who are having a hard time with the adjustments related to the pregnancy and postpartum period. Meetings will include opportunities for open discussion as well as education on topics related to motherhood. Starting October 21, 2014.
When: 1st Wednesday of each month at Noon(Feel free to bring a bagged lunch)
3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm
Where: High Point Regional Hospital, 5th Floor- Women’s Center Classroom #2, 601 North Elm Street, High Point, North Carolina
Cost: FREE (Small donations for snacks accepted)
In the Wildflowers- Christian Recovery Treatment Group For Survivors Of Trauma & Abuse
- Coming Soon
6:30pm – 7:45pm – Facilitator: Enjonae Anderson, Licensed Professional Counselor
If interested contact Mended Hearts Counseling at (336) 609-7383 or email@example.com to schedule an intake appointment and/or for more information.
The pain of childhood sexual abuse can affect all aspects of life for those who have experienced it. Victims may suffer continually from shame, anger, and confusion, as well as emotional, and often physical, pain. Sadly, they often suffer in silence, afraid to admit what happened and fail to reach out for the help they need.
If you’ve experienced sexual abuse, In the Wildflowers is an opportunity to find out that you are not alone. You can find the hope, healing, and support you need to find true transformation and wholeness. The group offers understanding and hope to help you confront the pain and fear from childhood sexual abuse.
In the Wildflowers will take you through 10 specific steps to healing and transformation.
- Listen to your story
- Allow you to feel the emotions in a safe place
- Release the shame of what happened to you
- Rewrite the messages you’ve believed about yourself
- Dig deeper and experience the real emotions
- Heal parental relationships
- Accept responsibility to make better decisions for your healing
- Forgive those who hurt you and forgive yourself
- Discover your identity and freedom
- Rest and enjoy the healing Jesus offers
In order to register, all participants are required to have an intake interview appointment as well as be involved in individual counseling. To register for the group, contact Mended Hearts Counseling at 336-609-7383.